Java Version Request

Sep 25, 2011 at 2:07 PM

Would it be possible to release the Java source code here?

I don't mind fixing any problems so that we can have a Java byte code compiler.

Thanks,

Michael

Coordinator
Oct 4, 2011 at 1:53 AM

Hi grieblm

OK, I will try to get the extra sources up in the next few weeks.  The issues with the JVM version have more to do with the generation of up-to-date symbol files for the interface to the java standard libraries than anything else, from memory.  I will check it out before I put it up.

Cheers, John

Oct 4, 2011 at 10:10 AM
I did fix up the interface generator. I can send you my fixes if you'd like. They seem to generate the symbol files correctly (I think) for the latest Java release.

Michael

On 3 Oct 2011, at 21:53, k_john_gough wrote:

Hi grieblm

OK, I will try to get the extra sources up in the next few weeks. The issues with the JVM version have more to do with the generation of up-to-date symbol files for the interface to the java standard libraries than anything else, from memory. I will check it out before I put it up.

Cheers, John

Oct 4, 2011 at 2:35 PM

I added the modified source code for the J2CPS tool in the patch area.

Michael

Coordinator
Oct 31, 2011 at 12:42 AM

Hi grieblm

Thanks for the code, I am working on a new release that incorporates it.  It would be up here already except that runing J2CPS over the java/lang jar file blows a buffer length limit when processing sun/nio/cs/ext and maybe also in other places.  I am doing a new version of the compiler (all versions) that will remove all such buffer limits on input string length.

The JVM/Windows version should be up in around a week, the JVM/Linux version about a week later.

John

Oct 31, 2011 at 8:45 AM

Thanks for the update. Great compiler BTW!

Michael

On 30 Oct 2011, at 20:42, k_john_gough wrote:

Hi grieblm

Thanks for the code, I am working on a new release that incorporates it. It would be up here already except that runing J2CPS over the java/lang jar file blows a buffer length limit when processing sun/nio/cs/ext and maybe also in other places. I am doing a new version of the compiler (all versions) that will remove all such buffer limits on input string length.

The JVM/Windows version should be up in around a week, the JVM/Linux version about a week later.

John