Version 1.3.12 has a number of fixes relative to the v1.3.11 release.
- Symbol file reading and writing have been modified so that string literals may include arbitrary Unicode, and be of unbounded size.
- Literal handling throughout the compiler has been rewritten to allow for the possibility that string might contain embedded NUL characters.
- Symbol files now use modified UTF-8 encoding.
- A new pseudo-module import STA creates a wrapper that runs the module body in a single thread apartment.
- Some errors in the implementation of VECTOR OF CHAR have been fixed.
- Programs using TYPEOF now work correctly when compiled with /perwapi.
Conversions between character arrays, literal strings and platform native strings is now performed more carefully. It is possible that existing programs that relied on an implicit stringification "$" operator may now need to perform the truncation explicitly. This is, regretably, a potentially breaking change.